I have a pet that I can no longer take care of and needs a new home. What should I do?
1) See if a family member or friend can take care of them. Familiar faces make the transition less stressful on the pet.
2) Use a service like Rehome (link is to the right) to find a new adopter for your pet. You can select the best home for your pet.
3) Only as a last resort, contact you local animal shelter to surrender the pet. If you live in Davie County, you can set an appointment to surrender them by calling 336-751-0227.
I found a stray dog/cat. What should I do?
1) Bring the animal to the Animal Shelter or a local vet to have them check it for a microchip. If they do have a chip and the information is current, the owner can be contacted very quickly and reunited with them.
2) Check Facebook to see if someone has posted the animal missing. There are several lost and found sites on Facebook including LostFoundDogs.NC
Do you have dog/cat food?
We do run a community pet food pantry to help pet owners in times of need. Supplies are limited, so it's best to call to make sure we have some on hand. Call the Adoption Center office at 336-751-5214.
Do you do do rabies vaccines?
Davie County Animal Services does a 1 year rabies vaccination for $5. Call 336-751-0227 to schedule an appointment. They accept cash only.
How can I report animal abuse and/or neglect?
You can contact the Officer on Call for the Davie County Animal Services at 336-751-0227 to file a report. You must leave a name and phone number in your message. For more information on reporting animal abuse, see the ASPCA link here.